[AstroPy] Ubuntu packages and state of AstroLib

Sergio Pascual sergiopr at fis.ucm.es
Mon Mar 14 18:19:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have created a pywcs package for Fedora, it is still awaiting review
(if there are Fedora reviewers in the list, bug number is 654583).

I have taken the source code from stsdas.stsci.edu, I have added a
patch to use the system version of wcslib instead of the bundled one.

There are some other astronomy python packages in Fedora. pyfits and
numdisplay are already included. I have packaged ATpy and asciitable
also.

Hope that helps

2011/3/14 Ole Streicher <astropy at liska.ath.cx>:
> Dear list,
>
> are there Ubuntu packages available for AstroLib? And/or are the packages
> for Debian or are there any efforts to create such?
>
> Since I need pywcs for Ubuntu, I would volunteer to create such a
> package, but I'd like to avoid doubling effort.
>
> In case I would need to create them myself: it seems a bit unclear on
> how to get started. The astrolib homepage <http://www.astrolib.org> does
> not show any releases; however there seem to be some openSUSE package
> built from a (released??) version
> http://stsdas.stsci.edu/astrolib/pywcs-1.9-4.4.4.tar.gz
>
> What is the current state of this software?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ole

Sergio Pascual                        http://guaix.fis.ucm.es/~spr
gpg fingerprint: 5203 B42D 86A0 5649 410A F4AC A35F D465 F263 BCCC
Departamento de Astrofísica -- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain)