[AstroPy] meeting issues

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:32:40 EDT 2011

To facilitate this process, I've set up a poll with these options at

http://astropy.wikispaces.com/2011+Coordination+Meeting+Poll

Hopefully all interested parties can make their availability clear
there and we can see which option is best.

Personally, I agree with Thomas that the best solution is probably
*both* 1 and 2 (3 is more challenging given the short timescale for
those who had not previously planned on attending).

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Perry Greenfield <perry at stsci.edu> wrote:
> So, perhaps we should try to get an idea of who would go to each of
> various options for face to face meetings and do that off list so
> that. Should that be added to the wiki set up by Thomas?
>
> I do think there is a good reason to meet face to face, especially
> early on in trying get this sort of thing going. There are certain
> kinds of things that just work better that way.
>
> The 3 categories seem to be:
>
> 1) meet at the AAS
> 2) meet at CFA or STScI in the fall
> 3) meet at scipy
>
> Sooner would be better, but I'm afraid it is too late for scipy.
>
> I'd rather not wait for the next AAS.
>
> The advantage of 2 is that there are no distractions of another
> meeting or conference to deal with, the meeting would be dedicated to
> the effort entirely (and it minimizes the travel costs for one of the
> two larger organizations). Obviously I'm favoring the second option.
> But it would be good to see who could make each of these.
>
> Perry

Erik Tollerud