[AstroPy] Proliferating py-astro-libs

Johann Cohen-Tanugi johann.cohentanugi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:20:08 EDT 2011

hi

On 06/14/2011 01:26 AM, Thomas Robitaille wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that we start figuring out who is interested in contributing to a common astronomy package, and what you are most interested in. To get things moving, I created a simple wiki page here:
>
> http://astropy.wikispaces.com/developers
thanks for doing this, I just updated it.
> Please add your name to register interest, and what areas you are interested in (feel free to add areas). This will make it easier to judge interest for face-to-face meetings and for coordinating working groups to focus on various areas. I picked the wiki host at random, but of course we can move anytime if you have a better solution (for example if we use GitHub for development, we can use the project wiki on there).
I do believe we should agree on such a platform fairly quickly, and I
also feel that all indicators from other communities that we tend to
also belong to (numpy, scipy, ipython, matplotlib?) are pointing toward
github as being a de facto natural choice.
> Note, should we create a new mailing list, say astropy-dev for people interested in actual development, as opposed to people who just want to use stuff and have questions?
I think it is too early for that. We still want to reach potentially
everyone....

best,
Johann