[AstroPy] Proliferating py-astro-libs

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:41:09 EDT 2011

I agree with the idea of a workshop! (but with few talks, and discussing/deciding/planning/coding would be the majority). I think face to face would be much better than teleconference. I also like the idea of a dedicated workshop, not a splinter.

I suggest that those of us interested in a small workshop see what would be possible in our own institutions. I think in the end we should keep this focused on the development (rather than a general python in astronomy conference). Keeping it small will also make it easier to organize and manage.

Cheers,
Tom