[AstroPy] PyAstronomy

Stefan Czesla stefan.czesla at hs.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jun 9 12:54:27 EDT 2011

Dear all,

we would like to let you know about our recent release of a -- hopefully --
useful contribution to Python's astronomy community, namely, our PyAstronomy
package (yes, there have been more inspired names...). It consists of
several subpackages providing the following functionality:

  - funcFit: An XSPEC like fitting interface for scipy and pymc
  - modelSuite: Currently, models for transit light-curves and Rossiter
McLaughlin effect
                (calculating and fitting)
  - pyTiming: A collection of periodograms
  - pyasl: Our tiny contribution to porting the IDL AstroLib to Python.

If you are interested, you can download the code and browse the
documentation at:

http://www.hs.uni-hamburg.de/DE/Ins/Per/Czesla/PyA/PyA/index.html

We did not yet set up a public repository or tracker, but we appreciate your
feedback. Feel free to e-mail us to:

stefan.czesla at hs.uni-hamburg.de

Best regards,
Stefan & Sebastian