[AstroPy] proposal for astropy version control software and respository

Mark Sienkiewicz sienkiew at stsci.edu
Mon Jul 18 18:15:32 EDT 2011

Christopher De Vries wrote:
> I think the argument regarding revision numbers is a bit of a red
> herring.

It's not an argument.  It is an example.  The point is not that git is
somehow "wrong", but that it is "different", and that difference means
there is a different work flow.

Do not think that a discussion of the differences necessarily implies an
adversarial relationship.  The only thing potentially adversarial here
is that I expect the git advocates to explain how to use it effectively,
rather than expecting me to reverse-engineer the proper work flow.

Since that has, in fact, been agreed, there is nothing to argue about.

Mark S.