[AstroPy] AstroPy Coordination Meeting this fall

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 22:01:45 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

It seems that the October dates work best for people, so this is just
to confirm that we will hold the AstroPy coordination meeting on
October 12-13th 2011 at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for
Astrophysics. In addition to finalizing decisions and coordinating the
next development steps, we thought it might be fun to get going on
some coding, so we are planning to have an optional coding sprint on
the Friday (October 14th) for anyone interested in staying an extra
day.

We've created a preliminary page on the GitHub wiki and have included
the list of people who said they would be able to make those dates:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/CfAMeeting2011

Feel free to add or remove your name as necessary (you will need a
GitHub account) or send me an email if you want me to do it.

A preliminary agenda and logistical information will follow. If you
have ideas or suggestions for the agenda, please feel free to send me
an email (or post a reply to this message).

We look forward to having you over at CfA in the fall!

Cheers,
Thomas