[AstroPy] Aperture photometry

Rene Breton superluminique at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:22:08 EDT 2011

Hi Sergio,

I'm currently working on porting the IDL astrolib aperture photometry
routines to python (which you can find in pyastrolib). I'm not done with
them yet. Hopefully it should be done soon as I have some data reduction
to perform. I can let you know if you're interested.

If you want something more basic for now, have a look at the attached
python script. It does the aperture photometry but doesn't handle
subpixel contributions. If the radius of your aperture isn't too small
it shouldn't be too far off a more careful reduction. I haven't made the
script to handle multiple source positions/apertures but this could
easily be fixed.

Cheers,

Rene