[AstroPy] AstroPy Digest, Vol 47, Issue 23

Jonathan Slavin jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 26 08:59:06 EDT 2010

Fabricio,

It is no doubt more efficient and more controllable to do smoothing in
Fourier space, but all I need is a quick and simple method for display
purposes.  For that the method I found (and Michael Kelley also pointed
out) is scipy.ndimage.filters.uniform_filter, or better
scipy.ndimage.filters.gaussian_filter.  These are very fast on my 160**3
grid and do the trick.

Jon

 cell: (781) 363-0035           USA