[AstroPy] Module for Determining the Radiant Constellation for a Meteor?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 7 11:41:31 EST 2010

Thinking about this a bit further, I think this should be pretty easy if
there is a table or data set containing all the boundary data for each
constellation. I haven't looked yet, but I would think the boundaries
follow lines of RA/DEC, and not be drawn in some sort of zig-zag
fashion. If so, then this should not be hard. It appears this is the
"official" site for these matters.
<http://www.iau.org/public_press/themes/constellations/>. Doesn't one of
the astronomical python libraries have either the wherewithal to use it,
and possibly even a simple file that just contains the boundaries. It
looks like the IAU has 88 files, and more non-boundary data than needed
for this. Maybe there's even one big file?

Wayne Watson wrote:
> See subject. If I know the radiant point, does such Python code exist?

              "We're leaving you with a world that runs like
               clockwork. And the clock it runs like is a cuckoo
               clock." -- Frank Oppenheimer, physicist

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>