[AstroPy] pyregion : python parser for ds9 region files

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Mon Oct 19 11:45:39 EDT 2009

Hi Jae-Joon,

That looks interesting! It sounds like these region files are specific
do DS9. I wonder whether there is a way to make it work with ximtool
as well? Presumably it would require extending numdisplay or wrapping
the IRAF "Client Display Library" and making it work like a back end?
I'm guessing that's not a small amount of work though.

Cheers,

James.