[AstroPy] IDLSave 0.9.2

Astronomical Python astropython at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:42:01 EST 2009

I am happy to announce the availability of IDLSave 0.9.2. IDLSave is a
pure python module to import variables from IDL ‘save’ files into
python, and does not require IDL to work. It has a very simple
command-line interface, and converts all IDL variables to Python
types. Arrays are converted to Numpy arrays, and structures are
converted to Numpy record arrays.

Since I announced the original 0.9.0 release a month ago on this list,
the main changes are that IDL structures are now converted to Numpy
recarrays, and several bugs relating to unsigned 8-bit integers have
been fixed.

More information and download/installation instructions are available
at http://idlsave.sourceforge.net/

Please let me know if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions,

Best regards,

Thomas Robitaille