[AstroPy] An Odd Result on an All-Sky Image--Equal Images and Bars?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 22:22:50 EDT 2009

It looks obvious to me that there are vertical bars about 3-4 pixels
wide here. Light, dark, light, ... They should be wider in the image you
received.  I was posting these two question (other was about = files) as
independent of numPy. A shot in the dark post here, which is seems more
into Python and programming. Probably a better place might be the IRAS
forum.  Anne has suggested something like that in one of her posts.  I
think I'll leave the analysis to IP programs I normally use, which will
likely be more useful now that I've got the unadulterated image in fits
format.

Rbf?  Interesting suffix. There's a lot to numpy and pyfits (and IRAS),
which I will leave to another time.