[AstroPy] Moving Ahead with Raw Image Conversion

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 12 14:28:43 EDT 2009

I've pretty much gotten my 640x480 1 byte, "raw" image under control
within Python Image and Python file use. I wrote a file of 307200 bytes
in bytes, byte representation of characters. I couldn't see anything
within pyfits or numpy that would help me do that. Now I believe I'm in
a position to use pyfits to create a fits format file. The next step is
to arrange the image (data) into a 640x480 array. I can do that in
python, but would like to know how it can be done in numpy, for the
experience. The IDA tutorial talks to making arrays, but I do not see
where they work with creating an array with fresh data. Once that's
done, then I should be able to work out from a reading of page 10 in the
pyfits manual.

           All the neutrons, and protons in the human body occupy
           a cube whose is 5.52*10**-6 meters. That adds up to a
           150 pound person. It's not a surprise that we are mostly
           space. (Calculation by WTW)