[AstroPy] numarray pdf 1.5 is broken. Using numdisplay, Python, PIL, and Tkinter

Phil Hodge hodge at stsci.edu
Mon Apr 6 11:08:19 EDT 2009

> The question is whether ds9 is a module that can be used within a Python
> program? I really do not know, but indications are that it is not.

ds9 is not a Python module, it's a stand-alone program that you run from
Unix.  However, there is an interface for displaying images to it, and
the Python module numdisplay uses that interface.  The advantage of ds9
is that it is so powerful.  imshow in matplotlib is pretty good, though,
and you may want to use matplotlib anyway for plotting.

Phil