[AstroPy] Photometry Package

Laurent Le Guillou llg at lpnhe.in2p3.fr
Thu May 31 06:22:44 EDT 2007

Hi all,

About photometry tools in Python: Some time ago, I wrote a
wrapper around SEXtractor to easily read sextractor catalogs,
and to transparently call sextractor on a set of FITS frames,
and get the detected stars without direct manipulation of
the the SEXtractor output files.

It is just a wrapper module, not a real photometry package,
but it may prove useful to do some simple star detection and
photometry (it was useful for me ;-) ).
Files are attached (I hope it will pass through the mailing-list).

Cheers,

Laurent

Ewald Zietsman a écrit :
> Hi all,
> Have a decision been made regarding a photometry package for astropy? I
> have begun to write a simple set of libraries to calibrate, find stars
> and do aperture photometry on a  FITS image, but I don't want to work on
> it too much and then later realize it will not fit in with the rest of
> the packages.
>
> Is anyone else interested in developing such a package? Or interested in
> seeing what I have so far?
>

> Cheers
>
> -Ewald

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

                             -- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

  Laurent LE GUILLOU                      Tel +33 1 44 27 39 93
  llg at lpnhe.in2p3.fr                      Fax +33 1 44 27 46 38
  laurent.le_guillou at upmc.fr              GSM +33 6 20 05 75 22

  LPNHE - Université Paris 6
  Bureau 412 - Tour 33 RdC