[AstroPy] Porting "IDL Astronomy User's Library" to numpy

Yannick Copin y.copin at ipnl.in2p3.fr
Mon Jul 16 09:13:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'd be interested in some astronomical utilities from the IDL Astronomy User's
Library (http://idlastro.gsfc.nasa.gov/contents.html) converted to
python/numpy. I had a look to idl2python
(http://software.pseudogreen.org/i2py/), but the automatic translation fails,
mostly because (I think) the conversion is Numeric-oriented, and because of
the intrinsic differences in the function argument management between IDL and
python.

So, before pursuing in this direction, I'd like to know if this exercice has
already been done, at least partially.

Cheers.
--
    .~.   Yannick COPIN  (o:>*  Doctus cum libro
    /V\   Institut de physique nucleaire de Lyon (IN2P3 - France)