[AstroPy] pyfits query: how to include a bit mask?

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:09:16 EDT 2005

Russell,

My suggestion depends upon the type of FITS file you are creating.  If
you are dealing with FITS images, I would just add another extension to
your FITS file containing the data quality flag values you wish to use.
  If you are writing FITS tables you could just add another column with
the desired bit value.

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley