[python-advocacy] How programming language webpages should be designed

David Beazley d-beazley at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 9 19:25:38 CET 2009

Actually, I would slightly disagree.   In the "Essential Reference", I
do have some examples that use print() in a way that will work for
both Python 2 and 3.  However, I also explicitly state that the only
reason I do that is so that examples meant to illustrate some feature
of Python not related to printing work with both versions.   There is
no section on explicitly writing code that works with both versions.

If you ask me, it's probably better to pick a reasonable example that
is not so focused on printing.    I don't know, do something like an
example that posts something on Twitter, or some other example that
does something interesting, but which is not totally fixated on
printing.

Cheers,
Dave