[python-advocacy] OSCON: Fifty-word blurb

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon May 18 01:49:11 CEST 2009

oh right, limited to 50 words... missed that

Not sure it needs any more tuning, but here's my thoughts:

"general purpose" - not inaccurate, but I don't think it is needed.

"programming language" can be shorted to "language"

>>> len("Python encourages readable, maintainable, and high-quality code with its clean syntax and built-in test frameworks.".split())
15
>>> len("Python's clean syntax and built-in test frameworks encourage readable, maintainable, and high-quality code.".split())13

I like having the causes (syntax/tests...) before the effects.

"Python runtimes are available for platform binary, .NET, Java, phones
(nokia,...) embeded systems" having trouble wording that.

"are available for platform" can probably be replaced with 1 or 2
words like "runs on" or "works with" having trouble wording that too.

--
Carl K