[python-advocacy] Vector logo?

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Thu Jun 18 20:07:44 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 13:35, Aahz<aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> Is there a native vector version of the Python logo?  I know that
> http://www.python.org/community/logos/
> says the PNG should be openable as a vector file in Adobe Fireworks, but
> I don't have access to Fireworks, and I'm not particularly familiar with
> image formats.

SVG is a vector format (SVG == Scalable Vector Graphics). The Python
logo is supplied as an SVG file on that page.

> I need to supply a vector file for printing the OSCON
> banner, what's the best way of gettin an .ai (Illustrator) or .eps file?

Inkscape can export EPS, but the exported file should be verified. .ai
is a proprietary and finicky format. In either case, it would be best
to:

1. Have somebody with a copy of Illustrator check the .eps or .ai file.

2. Supply a PNG proof with the vector file for visual verification.
("Please check the .eps/.ai file against the enclosed .png proof, and
inform us of any differences.")

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>