[python-advocacy] Python banner glitch

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jul 8 16:03:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009, David Goodger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:41, Aahz<aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>>
>> I exported python-logo-inkscape.svg to EPS and sent it to my printer.
>> They sent back a PDF with the shadow under the logo rather different from
>> the SVG:
>> http://pythoncraft.com/python_Banner_ai.pdf
>>
>> I get the same result when I export to PS in Inkscape and run ps2pdf.
>> Should I care about this?
>
> Yes. The shadow there looks horrible.
>
> See the attached PDF, exported directly from Inkscape. The shadow
> reproduces correctly for me.

The printer was also unable to get the drop shadow to work on import into
Illustrator.  I'm having them print without the shadow, but I think we
need to resolve this, because it's probably going to come up again.  Is
this the best list for discussing the issue?  I think we need to either
publicize no-shadow logos for printing or figure out why the vector
export from Inkscape isn't working in Illustrator (and doesn't show up in
xpdf or Acrobat).