[python-advocacy] Python Facebook page and python.cn domain

Bjørn Stabell bjorn at exoweb.net
Wed Feb 25 10:44:57 CET 2009

Hi,

Some months ago I created a facebook page for Python, primarily because
there was no page for Python and I wanted to show that I am a fan of
Python,
secondarily because I was curious how Facebook pages worked.

   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Python/7899581788

Today I was setting up another Facebook page, and when I stumbled
across the
page on Facebook that lists the stats I was shocked to find that the
Python
page now has almost 3,000 fans!  I think it'll be wrong of me to sit
on the
control of this page, so I would like to hand it over to you.

Anyways, for Exoweb, my company in China, the page would perhaps only
useful
for recruitment promotion (we're always looking for great software
developers that want to take the leap to China), but I think it would be
wrong to take undue advantage of the page for this.  Anyways, if you
know of
any, send them to http://www.exoweb.net/en/jobs/ :)

PS! Exoweb also bought python.cn a long time ago, and we've been using
it to
for the Python user groups and communities in China.  Would the PSF be
interested in taking over this domain as well?

Rgds,

Bjorn Stabell
Exoweb
Beijing, China