[python-advocacy] Python wiki theme

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 04:47:54 CEST 2008

Hello Andre,

Sorry to jump in - but on a related subject there is a new release of
Silverlight due out this week. This finally fixes the bugs that
prevented me from writing a Python interpreter for the browser.

I have a project nearly ready that puts a Python interpreter (that runs
*in the browser* with Silverlight - which means Mac and Windows until
Moonlight is ready) inside an HTML textarea. Javascript makes the text
area behave like the Python interpreter at the console (you can only
enter new text on the bottom line after the interpreter prompt).

This means we will be able to embed live examples (with the standard
library or other modules available) inside public facing web pages.

I hope to have an example of this running within about a week.

Michael Foord