[python-advocacy] New Users Group

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:29:46 CET 2007

Hello,

I am please to announce the formation of a new Python Users Group in
Arkansas.  Python Artists of Arkansas, or PyAR^2 (Pi-R-Squared) started with
2 enthusiasts last week and as of this afternoon we have 30 people
subscribed to our humble mailing list (pyar2 at python.org).

Now that we're going, it's time to get going.  Any advice you can pass along
would be greatly appreciated.  I asked this same question about 6 months ago
and received good advice (I've printed it off to reference) but I'm always
open for new ideas.

I still want to get word out of this group and would like to send a flier to
the Universities/Colleges in Arkansas.  Ideally, I'd like to hit all of the
High Schools, too, because I think Python is an ideal "learning" language
but don't know if I can afford that.  Are there examples of fliers like this
anywhere for me to look at/rip off?  If not, I'll make some up and post them
here for your thoughts.

Thanks,

--greg

BTW - You're welcome to join us!!