[python-advocacy] [PSF-Members] Forrester Research Survey Answers for Review

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon May 28 06:54:17 CEST 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 07:33:29AM -0500, Jeff Rush wrote:
>Whew! I've finished filling out the survey response to Forrester Research and

Continuing:

F27: There's a missing closing paren at the end.

F32: I'd remove the "implementation detail" part, as you do start
describing the available options.

F36: By "is an implementation detail" do you actually mean "varies based
for cPython, Jython and Iron Python."?

F37: Just for reference, my /usr/bin/python is 5.5KB, and
/usr/lib/libpython.so is 1.2MB.  On an x86_64 box, it's 8.5B and 1.5MB.
For Fedora 7, the whole RPM including the interpreter and standard library
is 5.8MB, compressed.

F39: "Delicious." should be "Delicious,", comma instead of dot.

F40: Doesn't Zope provide some workflow libraries?  I don't know anything
about it, and so it's probably too late to have this little detail, but:
http://wiki.zope.org/ZopeOrgCollaborationEnhancement/WorkFlow
http://www.zopemag.com/Issue001/Section_Tutorials/tutorial_metaflow_01.html
http://thesis.romanofski.de/ch03.html

F44: "written in and extensible using Python" ?
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

F45: ", and web frameworks" ?
        ^^^

That's about all the time I've got for reviewing this weekend I think.
I'll see if I can do anything more but I'm not expecting so.

Thanks for the great work on it, Jeff.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else
 can see.  -- Arthur Schopenhauer