[python-advocacy] easy as py

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Fri Jul 20 20:08:09 CEST 2007

Mike Pittaro wrote:
> Along these lines, I dealt with a similar problem in the past, converting
> people to different 'dialects' of SQL.
> The method that seemed to be most successful was a side by side 'cheat
> sheet' mapping of commands in the different dialects.
>
> If we collected a set of snippets, demonstrating simple and common
> operations in a few languages along side of  Python snippets, it might
> help people that already know another language.

Here are two collections of snippets in Python and Java:

A subjective analysis of two high-level, object-oriented languages -
Comparing Python to Java
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph/rant/python-vs-java.html

Python & Java - A Side-by-Side Comparison
http://www.ferg.org/projects/python_java_side-by-side.html

And a syntax comparison between languages:

http://merd.sourceforge.net/pixel/language-study/syntax-across-languages.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

The Christian religion, like those of Judaism, Islam and all the rest,
are manufactured belief systems to keep their advocates in mental and
emotional servitude, while being played off against each other
to divide and rule. -- David Icke, February 2007