[python-advocacy] Slide deck for introductory talk

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:38:42 CET 2007

Michael,

Aside from its use at PyCon, would you consider making your slides available
to the Python community in general, to be archived in places like
http://advocacy.python.org/ ?

I've often thought that the Python community could use a ready-to-go slide
deck for a basic introduction.  I've considered giving a local "intro to
Python" presentation - heck, the local Perl Mongers group has been *nagging
me to* - but I haven't had time to put together a good slide deck.  If I
could just grab an existing introductory talk, practice it, and go - I could
start presenting right away.  I'll bet we could find people in many cities
who could do the same thing.

Is there a "standard" Intro to Python slide deck out there already that I'm
simply unaware of?

"If you died today, are you 100% certain that your successor could read and
maintain your code?"

On 1/31/07, Michael Tobis <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote: [originally to edu-sig
and pycon-organizers, not advocacy at python.org]

--