[python-advocacy] Python 3000 question for PR

Daniel Schneider Daniel at pageonepr.com
Wed Dec 5 19:39:06 CET 2007

Hi,

I am doing the PR for PyCon 2008 and wanted to get a little bit of
background information on Python 3000.  If you work with or are
familiar with Python, please consider the following question: what
are the advantages of Python 3000 over 2.x?

I am trying to highlight a few key points.  I can't see how breaking
backward compatibility would qualify as one but maybe the change to
strings and bytes would?

I am interested in what the Python community has to say about this
and think it will help me better understand it as well.  So please
let me know what you think are the top 3 benefits of 3.0 over 2.x and
why.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

Daniel Schneider