[Aberdeen] Functions for Google Sheets

Ed Alves aug17th at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:46:47 CET 2015

Hey everyone,

I checked if it is possible to use python to add functions for Google Sheets but they do need to be written in Apps Script which is similar to Javascript. However for functions that use only math I believe it could be very simple to translate existing python functions to Apps Script.  Fort instance, below is an example from which could easily be generated from the equivalente Python code https://developers.google.com/apps-script/quickstart/macros
function metersToMiles(meters) {
  if (typeof meters != 'number') {
    return null;
  }
  return meters / 1000 * 0.621371;
}
Let me know if you think writing Python functions and converting to apps script could work as a project for the team. The idea again is that as more and more companies move to google apps form office there is a growing demand to write macro functions for Google sheets (and other google apps).
Eduardo