Threat Backend Engineer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Job TitleThreat Backend Engineer
As a Threat Detection Engineer, you will work closely with our security research team to develop state-of-the-art tools and technologies to detect and counteract security threats. You will have a vital role in enhancing our capabilities, from developing a browser extension, collecting event stream data, and extending support for new services.
- Collaborate with the security research team to develop and improve threat detection capabilities.
- Engineer and optimize data storage solutions for threat detections using databases like Postgres and Elastic Search.
- Develop and maintain our browser extension to ensure it's aligned with the latest threat intelligence.
- Engage in the collection and streaming of event data using Kafka.
- Integrate new services and platforms into our existing infrastructure.
- Write high-performance, reusable, and modular code using a range of programming languages and technologies.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Strong proficiency in Python with hands-on experience in FastAPI and asyncio-based concurrency.
- Familiarity with databases such as Postgres and Elastic Search.
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka.
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies, such as Spark, and programming in Scala a big plus.
- Familiarity with languages such as GoLang, Rust, and TypeScript.
- Experience with GraphQL and Plasmo will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals and threat detection mechanisms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
About the Company
At Obsidian, we aim to protect enterprise data across the cloud. With an innovative platform, our goal is to make cybersecurity more proactive, intelligent, and efficient.
- Contact: Marcus McCurdy
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://obsidiansecurity.applytojob.com/apply/wK0pJCTaKO/Threat-Backend-Engineer