Software Engineer - Backend
Job TitleSoftware Engineer - Backend
Our Tokyo engineering team is hiring a backend software engineer to work on one of the company’s key components, included in all of our product offerings. The team’s mission is to provide a solid, tested and performant database / API / messaging bus layer that is shared across our deployments. While the engineer’s role is focused on software development and good software engineering practice, our values encourage open discussion and being a good colleague.
The position is available on site in Tokyo, Japan.
Our official language is English.
In this role, you will
- Develop Rapyuta’s core components
- Improve code quality at the same time
- Collaborate with developers from other teams
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
3~5 years Python experience, including 3.10~3.11
- Web frameworks (e.g. FastAPI or Django)
- Databases (NoSQL or RDBMS, e.g. Redis or Postgres)
- Test & build (pytest, GitHub Actions, Docker)
- Presented at a conference, even if something small
- Can articulate technology choices, e.g. Tornado vs. Flask
- Practical experience with asyncio or some messaging bus
- Open-source contributions
Is this the right job for you?
- You like APIs designed with a clear purpose
- You want to see your code in production
- You like to know how your component operates as part of a larger system
About the Company
Our Core Purpose: Empowering Lives With Connected Machines
Based on our core value of empathy we strongly believe that the dirty, dull, and dangerous work should be automated and people should be given an option to take up more intellectually challenging and creative work. We want to enable this automation with machines that are connected and coordinated in a streamlined manner.