Founding ML Software Engineer-Up to 150K and 1% equity, onsite in Boulder, CO, US applicants only
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Job TitleFounding ML Software Engineer-Up to 150K and 1% equity, onsite in Boulder, CO, US applicants only
While recognizing the freedom and flexibility of remote work, we find great value in collaborating together in person. We hope that you’re eager to work on-site, in-person four days a week at our beautiful office at the base of the Rockies in Boulder, CO. Relocation assistance is available if you're considering a move to the area.
What You’ll Do
- Lay the foundation & ship software: Design, build, and maintain the foundation, core infrastructure, and components of our product while ensuring scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Share in and help to drive technical decisions: Evaluate and adopt technologies, tools, and best practices, and significantly shape the overall technical direction of the company.
- Build alongside the founding team: Work hand-in-hand with our founding team to ideate, prototype, and deliver innovative solutions that address user needs and create value for our customers.
- Shape our Engineering Culture & Process: Implement rigorous testing, code reviews, and continuous integration processes to maintain high-quality, production-ready code while minimizing technical debt.
- Champion user experience: Keep the end-user front & center throughout the development process, ensuring that our platform remains user-friendly, accessible, and delivers a seamless experience.
- Competitive salary: range for this position is $125,000 - $150,000 / and up to 1%
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision
- Top of the line hardware - Brand new MacBook, Monitor, Peripherals
- Four weeks PTO per year
- A sustainable pace. We’re building an industry defining product, but we’re also building for the long term. Working outside of core hours will be the exception, not the rule.
- Relocation package negotiable
- Ability to grow within our organization as a key member of a small, talented and highly collaborative team solving challenging engineering problems
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
You’re a Great Fit If
- Working on a team that cares as much about how we work as much as the code we write sounds exciting.
- Our company culture and values resonate with you.
- You share a passion for startups, AI, developers, or all of the above.
- You’re a pro-social, strong communicator that enjoys working on a tight-knit collaborative team.
- You have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience in a combination of enterprise and early-stage environments specifically with a focus on AI or ML applications.
- You have recent experience using Python, TypeScript and GCP in production applications with a focus on full stack web development.
- You have proven expertise in AI/ML/LLM technologies and deeply understand their underlying principles.
- You’ve built infrastructure products for developers or product development teams.
- You have a strong product sense and ability to leverage your technical expertise to solve customer and business problems.
About the Company
We're excited to share a unique Founding ML Software Engineer role with a well-funded pre-seed AI startup client still in stealth mode. This highly collaborative position is onsite four days a week in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. The founding team is made up of an impressive group from well known software companies. This Founding Machine Learning Engineer will be full time engineer number two on the team!
Our client’s platform enables users to develop production-ready features quickly and confidently for LLMs, something that does not currently exist, especially across platforms.
You’ll work closely with the founding team to tackle the myriad challenges of building from zero to one as you share and elevate your skills in a highly collaborative environment developing truly transformative products.
The summary below encapsulates how our client views life within the organization.
Culture and Values
- Curiosity conquers conflict & enriches debate. A culture that approaches debate and conflict with curiosity finds new paths forward & delivers exceptional results. We never want to be blinded by past experience & assumptions.
Trust by default
- We’re a team of talented high performers, and if you’re on the team, we already saw that potential in you. So expect to be empowered and relied on Day 1. We hire great people & trust them to do great things.
Obsess about customers
- The customer motivates everything we do. We’re inventing things for real people to solve real problems. We’re not building for ourselves. This means we don’t celebrate what we ship – we celebrate the impact we see for our customers. And: there’s always more to do. We always see opportunities to be better and do more for them.
Think long / act short
- We stop and think about the long-term impact of our decisions, but we don’t get lost in planning or trying to be perfect. We have a vision for the future and we act quickly to make progress toward it. We embrace a culture of iteration, experimentation, and learning. We “measure once, cut once.” And we make every day count toward our goals.
Choose team first
- We put each other ahead of ourselves. We’re all here to grow, cultivating a courageous and dedicated team that values commitment and collaboration over expertise. Everyone on the team has a voice & a seat at the table.
- Contact: Devwon Brice
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.loxo.co/job/MTkwLXMyN216ZDF1NmYwbDd3c2Q=?t=1684670977510