Senior Software Engineer - Python
Gold Standard Phantoms
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer - Python
We are currently looking for an experienced Python Developer to join our growing MedTech organisation made up of a team of engineers, scientists, and clinicians that are on a mission to enable medical imaging to move to a quantitative and reproducible scientific measurement methodology in order to revolutionise the field of radiology.
Responsibilities include participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle, working within the product development team, assisting with the R&D and design of new products, as well as maintaining the product life cycle of existing products. You will play a key role in developing and releasing new technologies to all of our stakeholders, including our research and clinical customers, and even internally in the form of software tooling and IT infrastructure to help improve our productivity.
If you’re a seasoned Python developer with a love for back-end technologies, we’d like to meet you. Your ultimate goal is to create high-quality products that meet an important clinical need.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We are looking for someone who:
- enjoys working in startup environments
- likes solving complex and interesting engineering problems
- thrives in taking a systematic and methodical, test-driven approach to solving problems to en-sure future product success.
- can develop and release software services
- can get our software in the hands of our customers and the rest of our team,
- can help evolve our way of working. We aim to continuously improve
- has an appreciation for the requirement to take on an evolving set of responsibilities as our company grows,
- wants to make a meaningful contribution to improving patient quality of life.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- solid Python developer with 3+ years of commercial product development experience
- experience in using GIT, Jira (or similar) and CI/DevOps
- is comfortable distributing and deploy software in one or more forms (microservices, Python -wheels, command line/GUI executables, Git repos, etc)
- attention to detail and a willingness to engage with our stakeholders
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also have:
- experience processing medical image file formats, such as DICOM or NIfTI, or interfacing with medical imaging platforms/infrastructure, such as PACS or XNAT
- experience integrating software with existing APIs/services, and/or writing services/APIs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL etc.)
- experience with containers, container deployment and Linux
- comfort in setting up and managing IT systems (back-ups, file-sharing, system monitoringproxys, remote access, etc) - do you run your own Homelab?
- previous experience in microservices architectures
- has worked within an ISO 9001, ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207 or ISO 13485 compliant quality management system
- experience working within an agile environment
- experienced in the development/deployment of software medical devices
What's on offer
- salary commensurate with experience, up to £70,000
- full-time permanent position with 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Hours of work: 40 per week
- hybrid working (2-3 days-a-week in the Sheffield office)
- flexible working hours and start times
- an allowance to help you set up your home office
- budget for any relevant training or courses
- an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team
- share options as per our equity incentive plan
- cycle to work scheme (Green Commute Initiative)
Apply today to be considered for this excellent opportunity!
The post is available immediately. It will be offered subject to a probationary period of 6 months and satisfactory references.
When applying for this role, please provide your and any examples you have of previous hands-on experience (GitHub portfolio if available).
About the Company
Gold Standard Phantoms (GSP) is an established spin-out company from University College London, operating within the medical imaging industry. We develop, manufacture and sell specialised test objects, called phantoms, and advanced image analysis software services for use in testing the performance of MRI scanners and ensure that they operate in a standardised way. Our devices are used by clinicians, medical physicists, and radiographers around the world, empowering them to improve the quality of the MRI images they produce to diagnose illness, and investigate and research disease and new therapies. The company is entering a new growth phase, with the planned release of new products in the pipeline, and is establishing a new base in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
This year, we will be developing a platform technology to address a limitation of MRI systems and by doing so, increase cancer diagnosis accuracy. Our success in this mission has the potential to improve cancer patient diagnosis, prognosis, and quality of live, whilst having huge savings benefits for worldwide healthcare systems.
Gold Standard Phantoms is an equal opportunities employer. An innovative MedTech start-up, we are committed to a fair, equal, and inclusive workplace. We value diversity and we welcome people from all backgrounds in our team.
- Contact: Mavis Dede
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.goldstandardphantoms.com/