Sr. Software Engineer
New Haven, CT, USA
Job TitleSr. Software Engineer
Map of Life (MOL) and the Yale Center for Biodiversity and Global Change are seeking a Senior Software Engineer interested in developing new technologies to support effective global biodiversity monitoring, research, education, and decision-making. The Senior Software Engineer would lead and advise a team of existing Software Engineers and work closely with the Managing Director and PI. The successful candidate will assemble and integrate a wide range of knowledge about species distributions and other environmental data working with several existing partners (e.g., NASA, The Field Museum, Google, Esri). Map of Life is built on a scalable web platform geared for large biodiversity and environmental data and provides a range of information and biodiversity indicator products. Map of Life leads the data integration and mapping efforts of the Half-Earth Project which aims to identify and prioritize target areas for global biodiversity conservation.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Required Skill/Ability 2:
- Proficient in web technologies, data structures, and system design.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to conduct written and oral presentations.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
- Ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team working in a collaborative environment, receiving and providing feedback.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Contact: Alex Killion
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25053&siteid=5248&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=1571320#jobDetails=1571320_5248