Data Science Engineer
Zurich, Canton Zurich, Switzerland
Job TitleData Science Engineer
- You will be involved in the entire software development process ,from requirements analysis and implementation of user stories to testing and technical documentation.
- You develop our solution further independently and you have a significant influence on the
business processes of fleet management.
- The customer and his needs are at the centre of your attention, and nothing less than his
complete satisfaction is your aspiration.
- You will work closely with our project managers and support engineers as part of an agile
development team and find creative and unconventional solutions.
- You bring in your practical experience and personal opinion and help to push the team to
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You bring with you • Bachelor in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of building and operating web-based applications and
- Good knowledge of relational database systems and SQL
- Good knowledge in dealing with Linux as a development platform and the associated tools such as Bash, Cron, Systemd
- Knowledge of business process modelling and business fundamentals
- Experience with the following technologies and concepts would be an advantage:
- Other programming languages Go, Lua, Rust
- Computer security best practices
- Source code version management with distributed VCS (Git)
- Server services such as Nginx, Statsd, Redis
- GIS systems and handling georeferenced data (QGis, map services)
- Time series databases and monitoring systems (InfluxDB, Grafana)
- Management of cloud-based infrastructure (Hashicorp Tools, AWS)
- A healthy dose of perfectionism paired with a pragmatic solution orientation
- Communication in German and English
About the Company
Software Engineer (Python) At Remote Scout Remote Scout is the place to go to find remote jobs in software development, design, marketing, customer support and more in the DACH region. (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) Although job placement today is mainly done online, there are still few platforms that make finding home office and remote jobs easier. This is where RemoteScout comes in. Our mission is to help professionals advance their remote careers and help companies find the best remote talent. Your responsibilities:
We offer you • A task that contributes to a climate-friendly and sustainable future • A highly motivated, dynamic team with a strong team spirit • A growing company in a growing market with a scalable business model • The chance to effectively take responsibility and make a difference • A flat hierarchy and efficient decision-making processes • Agile development methods (Scrum ) Benefits • An education budget to keep your finger on the pulse of technological development • Flexible work environment and home office -you can coordinate start and end times with your life (pick up children, training early in the morning, at noon, early in the evening...) • Fresh fruit, tea, coffee and more
Does this sound like an exciting challenge for you? Send your CV to email@example.com. (A simple e-mail is sufficient, you don't need a long letter of motivation) We will be happy to get in touch with you.