Saint Michael, MN, USA
Job TitleSystem Engineer
JB is a premier manufacturing and distributor of protein products. We are expanding our development team focused on rebuilding our manufacturing execution systems using Python/Django for user interfaces, Python for services, Python as a scripting language within the Ignition framework, and Transact-SQL for database objects. Our System Engineer II role may also be responsible for building, integrating, and supporting systems across multiple operational departments using Python, Django, and Transact-SQL. This position will primarily work on site due to the need to closely interact with our manufacturing, quality assurance, and maintenance associates. Remote work is possible on a case-by-case basis. This position requires good communication skills to collaborate with other developers and end-users to troubleshoot issues, perform system testing, ensure overall quality of applications, recommend areas for enhancements and/or perform upgrades of various software applications. Incumbent will also be responsible for documentation for both end-users and support team personnel.
The candidate needs to be familiar with Microsoft BI stack, Python, SQL languages, the Django web framework, and the Ignition framework as well as utilizing web services/API’s for system integration with AWS cloud environments.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Project Management - Manages assigned projects using a standard Project Management methodology.
- Design/Scripting/Configuration/Code - build/configure solutions based on requirements provided. Follows secure coding practices and leverages web service/API integration methods.
- Testing - Ensure the solution meets business needs, is stable, scalable, and secure. Ensure that the change does not impact any existing functionality.
- Documentation/Training – provide documentation for business teams to utilize solution and support teams to be able to own support of the solution.
- Application/Technical Support - Escalation point for business users when they are unable to resolve an issue.
- Cross-Functional Responsibility: Build strong relationships and communication with all business partners, vendors and IT team.
- Experience with Database design in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later including coding of stored procedures.
- Experience with SSIS/ETL preferred. Experience with SSRS and/or PowerBI a plus.
- Development experience with Python and SQL
About the Company
Work for a company that provides a respectful, collaborative work environment! Our associates receive a full benefits package offered the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, critical illness, life insurance, PTO and more.
- Additional benefits including: 401k, Gainsharing program, access to Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) including counseling services, mental health resources, financial and legal support and more
- Buy products at a discounted rate through our Associate Purchase Program
- On-the-job training, learning and development programs
- Contact: Karan Rathburn
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/JBG1000/JobBoard/53cfda9a-0943-6900-0460-65c0b9e54fa8/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=67cb6f13-b4ea-4c38-a0c4-93d9ceffaaec