Senior Backend Software Engineer (applied Machine Learning) (f/m/d)
Cologne/Hybrid/Remote, NRW, Germany
Job TitleSenior Backend Software Engineer (applied Machine Learning) (f/m/d)
Our development team works in a self-managed and self-organized manner according to agile and DevOps principles and practices. You will work on developing our AI products (esp. Root-Cause-Analysis), ETL tools and our backend in general. This is a role where you will work end-to-end on building software for getting data from our customers, transforming and preprocessing the data and generating insights using AI models. Together with the development team you will:
- Co-define and implement new AI-based product features
- Research new technologies and new tech strategies to be used to enhance our AI-based products including new AI models, features and feature processing enhancements
- Define and build API endpoints, add functionality to our AI product and ETL tools or make data available to our frontend
- Define and build data pipelines and connectors from our customers’ systems
- Participate in knowledge transfer across the team
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Several years of experience working as a software engineer/machine learning engineer or in a similar role
- Experience working with data science and machine learning modeling, from experimentation and prototyping to deployment in production pipelines
- Experience with cloud-based architecture (e.g., Kubernetes, Google Cloud or other)
- Coding experience with Python including scientific computing and analysis packages (e.g., pandas, NumPy) and basic web API development (flask, FastAPI or similar)
- Experience with data processing and transformation, databases, data pipelines (knowledge of ERP systems or IIoT platforms is a plus)
- Enthusiasm for the possibilities of digitalization and willingness to familiarize yourself with a SaaS B2B product for manufacturing processes
- High levels of self-management, ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or related technical fields
- If you choose to work remotely: Availability roughly around CET working hours in order to allow for some synchronous communication to happen
About the Company
WHAT WE OFFER
- We work differently, we highly value transparency, integrity and authenticity. We trust and respect each other, which leads to a very collaborative working environment where we ensure that everyone can contribute ideas and decisions are made based on competency.
- We are agile and fast paced, you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want to and go beyond your job description to push (your) progress.
- We truly care about work culture and make it a priority by regularly spending time reflecting on our teamwork, by actively committing work time to keep our strong team spirit and by incorporating activities into the workday to create balance.
- We contribute to fighting climate change by helping our industrial manufacturing customers reduce their carbon emissions with our products, by being aware of our own environmental impact and by being carbon neutral as a company.
- All other benefits that make work more pleasant like flexible hours, part-time options, possibility to work remote, regular team events and offsites, 30 days PTO, weekly yoga sessions etc.
ONIQ has set out to enable the transformation of manufacturing to a sustainable and efficient tomorrow. With our software we help industrial companies to produce more efficiently and conserve resources while becoming more agile and cost-efficient at the same time. At ONIQ, we are proud of our corporate culture. We work according to the principles of “new work” and believe that outstanding performance is based on team spirit, opportunities for growth and mutual support.
Learn more about ONIQ at https://www.oniq.com/.
- Contact: Josephine Zilz
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://oniq.jobs.personio.com/job/819260?_pc=908048#apply