Backend Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Cologne/Hybrid/Remote, NRW, Germany
Job TitleBackend Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Our development team works in a self-managed and self-organized manner according to agile and DevOps principles and practices. You will work on developing our backend and ETL tools. This is a role where you will work end-to-end on building production software for getting data from our customers, transforming and preprocessing the data to make it available for our frontend or our AI tools. Together with the development team you will:
- Develop new features to generate insights for our customers, e.g., by calculating KPIs or using Process Mining technologies
- Define and build APIs, add functionality to the frameworks backing our AI product and ETL tools or optimize processing of manufacturing data
- Define and build our data processing framework and connectors from and to our customers systems
- Co-define and implement new backend product features
- Research new technologies and develop tech strategies in your domain
- Participate in knowledge transfer across the team
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Coding experience with Python including scientific computing and analysis packages (e.g., pandas, NumPy) and web API development (FastAPI or similar)
- Experience with data processing and transformation, databases, data pipelines (knowledge of ERP systems or IIoT platforms is a plus)
- Enthusiasm for the possibilities of digitalization and willingness to familiarize yourself with a SaaS B2B product for manufacturing processes
- High levels of organizational skills, ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or related technical fields
- Experience with Typescript/React is a bonus but not required
- If you choose to work remotely: Availability roughly around CET working hours in order to allow for some synchronous communication to happen
About the Company
WHAT WE OFFER
- We work differently, we highly value transparency, integrity and authenticity. We trust and respect each other, which leads to a very collaborative working environment where we ensure that everyone can contribute ideas and decisions are made based on competency.
- We are agile and fast paced, you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want to and go beyond your job description to push (your) progress.
- We truly care about work culture and make it a priority by regularly spending time reflecting on our teamwork, by actively committing work time to keep our strong team spirit and by incorporating activities into the workday to create balance.
- We contribute to fighting climate change by helping our industrial manufacturing customers reduce their carbon emissions with our products, by being aware of our own environmental impact and by being carbon neutral as a company.
- All other benefits that make work more pleasant like flexible hours, part-time options, possibility to work remote, regular team events and offsites, 30 days PTO, weekly yoga sessions etc.
ONIQ has set out to enable the transformation of manufacturing to a sustainable and efficient tomorrow. With our software we help industrial companies to produce more efficiently and conserve resources while becoming more agile and cost-efficient at the same time. At ONIQ, we are proud of our corporate culture. We work according to the principles of “new work” and believe that outstanding performance is based on team spirit, opportunities for growth and mutual support.
Learn more about ONIQ at https://www.oniq.com/.
- Contact: Josephine Zilz
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://oniq.jobs.personio.com/job/823486?_pc=908048#apply