Machine Learning Engineer
Job TitleMachine Learning Engineer
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll help build our machine learning systems. You will prototype machine learning (ML) algorithms and systems for time series and sequence prediction, perform statistical analysis and enhance the accuracy of various predictive models.
We’re looking for someone with an insatiable appetite for learning who frequently explores ways to make the impossible possible. Someone who is fascinated by the possibilities presented by machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) advances and is energized by the ability to turn complex data sets into useful information. If this sounds like you, drop us a line because we’d love to hear from you.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company. We specialize in cybersecurity technology for operational systems, data collection, and insights for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains, and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of cybersecurity experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary, and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Design machine learning systems and self-running AI software to automate the construction of predictive models
- Collaborate with domain experts to translate ML into customer insights and valuable information
- Build ML prototypes, experimental design, perform statistical analysis and interpret test results
- Transform ML prototypes into robust pipelines
- Document machine learning processes
- Keep up to date with modern approaches in machine learning
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related STEM field
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics and algorithms
- At least two years experience as a machine learning engineer
- Industry experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Advanced proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Experience working with tools to manipulate large data sets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- US Citizenship
About the Company
Shift5 is a transportation data company whose customers run smarter, safer, and more efficiently by unlocking their fleet’s data.
Fleets generate massive amounts of data every day, and fleet owners deserve technology solutions that turn this data into real business value. Our data-driven solutions integrate directly onto existing platforms, collecting and enriching data from all their electronic components. Shift5 customers employ this data to automate menial tasks, improve reliability and safety, and make smarter business decisions. The US Military and commercial fleet operators alike trust Shift5 with their most critical assets.
- Contact: Brian Bush
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/shift5/jobs/4638138004