Backend Software Engineer
Job TitleBackend Software Engineer
Kintsugi is on a mission to scale access to mental healthcare for all. We are developing novel voice biomarker software to detect signs of depression and anxiety from short clips of free form speech. Awarded multiple distinctions for AI technology and recently named one of Forbes’ Top 50 AI companies to watch in 2022, Kintsugi helps to close mental health care gaps across risk-bearing health systems, ultimately saving time and lives.
At Kintsugi, we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. We exist to ensure that everyone who needs mental healthcare has access to the right care at the right time.
See mental health differently with Kintsugi.
To learn more: https://www.kintsugihealth.com
About the Team
We’re the wearer of many hats dedicated to helping communities find access to mental health. Our mission is ambitious, and each member of our team has an important role to play in helping us realize it. Meet some of the team members who you will learn and grow alongside here.
You will be part of the Engineering team and contribute to deploying state of the art models and creating a robust back end infrastructure.
- Help in developing features for our web backend. Feature categories include:
- Database Networking (CRUD operations)
- Authentication via Credentials (Username / Password, API Keys, Tokens, etc)
- Compliance with Security Standards (Preventing SQL Injection, Hashing Appropriately, etc)
- Data validation and verification prior to feeding the machine learning models
- Help in tenant-specific configuration of documentation and features. This includes:
- Personalizing the generated Swagger UI to tenants depending on their use cases
- Modifying features of the backend via tenant flags
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Web Backend: Python w/ microframeworks (Flask, FastAPI)
- Machine Learning Framework: PyTorch
- Cloud Provider: Google Cloud Platform
- Version Control Provider: GitLab
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
- B.S. in Computer Science or other quantitative fields with 3+ years developing production quality code.
- Experience with deploying 1 or more production applications in a cloud environment such as GCP or AWS.
- Experience developing scalable REST API’s communicating with compute intensive applications and backed by relational databases.
- Extensive experience with both one statically typed and one dynamically typed programming language.
- Experience with the deployment lifecycle of web applications (version control, building, testing, containerization, environment configuration).
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment within cross-functional teams.
- Passion for using cutting-edge AI driven technologies to improve people’s well-being.
- Experience with deploying PyTorch models into compute and latency constrained production environments.
- Experience with multithreading and / or asynchronous programming in Python or Go.