Principal Engineering - Data & AI/ML
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
Job TitlePrincipal Engineering - Data & AI/ML
- Design and develop ML solutions and pipelines applications to support our AI Model and Analytics development on GCP.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design and implement infrastructure to support the machine learning development lifecycle.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Cloud Operations, and Data Science teams
- Create solutions that empower our data scientist team members to rapidly prototype and develop machine learning/analytic solutions.
- Work with data scientists and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our machine learning/analytic solutions.
- Take initiative and technical ownership to any project assigned.
- Take an active role in coding design, standards, and process improvement.
- Mentor developers on the team, fostering an environment of continued learning and improvement
- Write high-quality code, that is supported by an appropriate level of testing and metrics.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years engaging and working with cross-functional enterprise level software development projects.
- Experience with, or understanding of, Agile/Lean Software Development practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Proven recent experience as Senior Python Engineer, Java (Spring), or similar role.
- Experience with version control tooling like GIT, GitHub, etc.
- Knowledge and experience implementing microservices architecture using Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms, preferably in GCP.
- Experience with testing tools such as PyTest, xUnit, mocking frameworks, etc.
- Strong experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, preferably BigQuery, MySql, and MongoDB.
- Experience building and optimizing ML pipelines, preferably in Kubeflow.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores, preferably using Apache Beam or Spark and Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Google Vertex AI Platform.
- Experience with commonly used data science libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Scipy, and Spacy
- Experience using a deep learning framework such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms such as Linear and Logistic regressions, Decision tree, Naive Bayes, KNN, K-means, and Random forest.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or similar field.
About the Company
UKG is a leading provider of strategic HR, payroll, talent and workforce management solutions for organizations of all sizes. Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
- Contact: Tony
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://careers.ukg.com/careers/JobDetail/Principal-ML-Engineer-AI/41515