Backend Software Engineer
Dover, NH, United States
Job TitleBackend Software Engineer
Envase Technologies provides mission-critical, cloud-based transportation management system (TMS), enterprise software, and mobile applications to the intermodal transportation industry, with a core focus on the drayage trucking niche.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer with experience in Python to help us in the design and implementation of the many services, applications, and APIs that we are currently working. As part of the responsibilities for this position, the candidate will:
- Design and implement a wide range of backend services, REST APIs, and serverless applications to meet our customers’ needs.
- Work and collaborate with other team members in an agile environment to complete the user stories scheduled in the sprint on-time and with high quality.
- Participate in the daily stand-up, backlog grooming, and retrospective to define and estimate the work and report progress.
- Work and collaborate with product management and tech support to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of experience with Python (or similar modern language) implementing backend services and APIs.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS preferrable) and security.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Databases (preferrable PostGres).
- Strong knowledge of web scrapping technologies.
- Experience with TDD is a plus, but most be willing to adopt.
- Great communication skills written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.