Senior Software Engineer, Python
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer, Python
We're looking for multiple Senior Backend Engineers with strong software and cloud engineering skills. You'll help us build highly scalable developer-centric APIs and backend systems powered by state-of-the-art ML models.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build new API features and endpoints
- Build automated test suites and CI/CD pipelines
- Build highly scalable event-driven and real-time systems
- Instrument systems with metrics, tracing, and logging
- Refactor applications to eliminate tech debt
You'll love this job if you....
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, even when there is no perfect solution.
- Thrive in small, fast-paced cross-functional teams. We like to wear many hats here!
- You're excited to tackle big technical challenges like building highly scalable architectures and achieving zero-downtime deploys.
Compensation Range: $105,000 - $185,000 USD (Global)
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 4+ years of experience working with Python
- 2+ years of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- 2+ working with Python backend frameworks like Django, Flask, or Tornado
- 2+ years developing REST APIs, working with AWS services, and production support
- Startup or FAANG-type experience - Has worked at a startup or high growth company
- Deep AWS knowledge - Has many years of experience solutioning within AWS
- Experience migrating systems to meet increasing traffic/scale
- System design chops & high-octane thinking
- Creative, fast learner, opinionated & has exceptional gut instincts
Nice to Have
- Machine learning experience - Has worked with machine learning models at scale
- Experience integrating and deploying ML models into production
About the Company
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers. Our ASR models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft - which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand their audio data.
We've already raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, the Founders of Stripe, Nat Friedman, and Daniel Gross.
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers from places like DeepMind, Google, Meta, Amazon, and Apple.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
Equity, 100% Remote team, Unlimited PTO, 401K, Premium Benefits, $1K budget for your home office setup, New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer), annual team retreats
- Contact: Katie Bowles
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/assemblyai/jobs/4041350005