Chief Technology Officer (M/F/D), Creative and Growing Startup Environment
Job TitleChief Technology Officer (M/F/D), Creative and Growing Startup Environment
Humanitarian emergencies, such as climate shocks, the COVID-19 pandemic, the war in Ukraine and famine in Africa are leading to skyrocketing costs. Traditional fundraising is slow and fails to attract younger donors. Let’s do something about it – with the power of machine learning. If you love working on data-driven challenges, applying the latest technologies, taking ownership and having impact this may be your chance.
At Perigee, we combine innovative machine learning methods, adaptive data science and predictive analytics. We enable the humanitarian sector to improve disaster risk management and connect with people in ways that move them to action. We’re a growing startup, currently looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with a focus on application architecture and API integration/adaptation.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Architecture design and choice of technologies, frameworks and tools;
- Design, implement and deploy Machine Learning solutions;
- Coordinate software teams for data collection and preprocessing;
- Implement high-quality, well-tested and scalable code;
- Help define standards and best practices;
- Hands-on Experience with Python (e. g. pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow/PyTorch, pytest, FastAPI, and similar frameworks or libraries);
- REST APIs;
- Experience with planning and requirements gathering;
- Experience in Front end development (in React), working with Azure & Kubernetes and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)/Web Mapping is a bonus.
You’re a nice person:)
About the Company
Perigee enables humanitarian and development aid organizations, fundraisers and disaster risk financing providers to harness the power of data. We help to improve preparedness and response, find new donors and connect with people in ways that move them to action.
Our goal is to automatically extract information about humanitarian events from predefined data sources, in order to generate an estimation of the media and social interest towards these events and with this to propose a selection of interested individuals and potential donors.
A single click on a humanitarian event - and our customers can directly access tens of thousands of users who have been identified by our algorithms, through messaging and advertising tools of social networks.
What we offer:
- Projects with direct impact on the humanitarian sector;
- Temporal and geographic flexibility (it doesn’t matter if you’re working with us in our offices in * Vienna & Burgenland or remotely);
- A work atmosphere that appreciates honestly, humor and crazy ideas;
- Annual gross salary of € 60.000+