Python Back End Engineer
Job TitlePython Back End Engineer
We have a high-performance Python backend that is dedicated to storing user documents (API projects) in a way that supports versioning, branches, and update diffing. This backend is built on top of libgit2 (the C library that powers Git) and uses Cython bindings. You’ll own parts of this complex infrastructure and will work closely with the backend engineers and architects.
- Work and own parts of our high-performance Git-based document storage backend
- Work on improving the performance and reliability
- Integrate the backend with new micro-services to leverage it for various projects in the company as the Git-based backend will be a platform for other applications to run on
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Strong technical background in building Python backend applications with more than 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of various Python backend frameworks (e.g. Django, Tornado, Flask)
- Experience with low-level programming experience (C, C++)
- Desire to write clean, maintainable, testable code
- A deep understanding and experience with parallel processing/concurrent programming
- Autonomous, learner, builder, creator, achiever... You know how to get things done!
- Collaborative and how to work in a team to achieve our goals as one team.
About the Company
RapidAPI is a team of creators building for developers. We are the world's largest API Hub where over 4 million developers find, test, and connect to 40,000 APIs (and growing!) — all with a single account, single API key, and single SDK.
Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to ensure it's easy for developers to build, discover, and connect to APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
We operate at a significant scale, but the opportunity is even bigger. You have an unprecedented opportunity to make a massive difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high talent density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.