Engineering Lead - Backend Python
Global Talents Hub
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Job TitleEngineering Lead - Backend Python
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to join a Backend Python team in Barcelona in Spain.
You can now RELOCATE to one of the best countries for expats: the living standard is high and living costs are much lower than in the Western Europe! This is a great location if you'd like to travel around Europe as well.
What You Be Responsible For:
- You manage 3-8 engineers (Python backend developers).
- You are responsible that your reports deliver high-quality work. You maintain quality of code, minimize outages and errors, and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed. You are responsible for a technical vision within the domain, including audit trails, report parsing, and virtual credit card management.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills. You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You determine the hiring requirements and promotion plans of your team. You participate in the hiring process.
- You serve as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams, and other stakeholders. You connect your team members to product managers and their features and assure the quality of their cooperation.
- You help your team prioritize the incoming requests, distributing work amongst team members, and assuring that their tasks are well defined and productive.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Must-have Competencies:
- 6+ years experience with software engineering
- Experience managing (leading) a team of software developers
- Fluent English
- Python 3.6 - 3.9
- Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery
- Yarn workspaces (monorepo-like setup)
- GraphQL, Node.js
- PostgreSQL, Redis, SQLAlchemy
- GCP, AWS, K8s, Docker, Datadog, Gitlab (including GItlab pipelines)
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
About the Company
The company provides innovative TravelTech solutions for customers and businesses. Their unique online search engine allows users to combine transportation from carriers that normally do not cooperate.
They just closed €100,000,000.00 funding round and are poised to grow above and beyond!