System Engineer I (Python), AWS Managed Services (AMS)
Amazon Web Services Australia
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job TitleSystem Engineer I (Python), AWS Managed Services (AMS)
We are looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. We have high standards for our computer systems as well as our employees: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, and must function at massive scale; our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. The successful Systems Engineer does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in deploying, operating, and scaling out a massive always-on distributed system that is serving production workloads for customers of AWS.
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Collaborate, build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Participate and lead architecture workshops, working directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Build CloudFormation templates, SSM Automation Documents and Bash/PowerShell scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to build the automated solutions for the voice of the customer
- Mentor and advise the global team on matters of system engineering and architecture best practices.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Own the process for releasing production code to customer facing production environments.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of experience in a System Engineering or DevOps role.
- Experience in designing and then implementing automated solutions to enable the management, administration and deployment of full 3 tier application stacks from the OS (Windows or Linux) through to app deployment, at scale.
- Programming/scripting with Python, Bash and PowerShell. Other languages a bonus.
- Experience in a DevOps or application development team, supporting CI/CD workloads.
- Experience with Configuration Management Software (we love Chef and Ansible, what about you?).
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Routing (you should love Wireshark and tcpdump!).
- Technical leadership and track record of influencing technical decisions.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues.
- Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
- Understanding the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
- Hands on AWS experience with production workloads
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Experience with some aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
- Experience with IAM, Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience in a DevOps team, supporting CI/CD workloads
- Experience setting up, maintaining and coordinating the automated patch and configuration management of production servers.
About the Company
Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
- Contact: Veena Kaprani
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2159059/system-engineer-aws-managed-services-ams