Data Acquisition Engineer / Developer
Job TitleData Acquisition Engineer / Developer
TXODDS is seeking highly capable developers and graduates to expand our data team. The role involves collecting and processing large amounts of data in a globally distributed network.
You will be working in a highly motivated team solving interesting problems in a fast paced environment.
Strong communication, problem solving, and technical skills as well as a positive attitude are a must.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Build operate and maintain data acquisition processes.
- Adopt and follow a good pace of software refactoring and paying off the technical debt.
- Effectively communicate with the product owners, testers, and business stakeholders.
- Degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent certification and/or relevant work experience).
- Undergraduates with motivation to work part time in their final years of university.
- Coding proficiency in Python.
- Experience working with Linux use for service hosting and day-to-day use.
- Experience working with various data SQL and NoSQL stores.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing and alternating priorities and constant focus on delivery.
- Logical and structured approach to problem-solving in both near-term (tactical) and mid-to-long term (strategic) horizons.
Communication: * Good verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
TXODDS are a global lead in dissemination of sports fixture and pricing information, offering primarily B2B products including versatile API’s, highly customisable low latency feeds and advanced Big Data analytics.
The acquisition side is Python, with Puppet- and Kubernetes-derived DevOps, and distributed and clustered technology being the cornerstone of the architecture. The infrastructure is extremely diverse and has components deployed in various native and Cloud environments across the world.