Sr. Software Developer
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Job TitleSr. Software Developer
We are looking for a Sr. IT resource with a blend of business and data analysis, project leadership, and software design/development experience in a Python and SQL environment. In this role, this person will work closely with all levels and functional areas and implement custom software solutions that drive data standards and process efficiencies at a dynamic international consumer products company.
Company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to have a fundamental impact on and grow within a successful mid-sized business environment. This company designs and manufactures cold weather gloves and accessories and is conveniently located close to Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington D.C.
- Lead all aspects of the project life cycle, including: Identification of business needs and gaps, defining business requirements, solution design, software development, and project delivery.
- Maintain and innovate in an IT environment comprising of python, Django, Tableau, and SQL Server technologies.
- Develop and maintain moderately complex Business Intelligence capabilities in Tableau and data warehouse reporting technologies.
- Support end-to-end business functions including manufacturing, order management, logistics, warehouse management, EDI, and accounting. Qualifications
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder, C2C not accepted
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience with of Python software development and delivery
- Experience with Django web application development.
- Experience with SQL in software development
- Experience in Agile (preferred) and/or Waterfall methodologies
- Ability to prioritize workload and act calmly and competently to time-sensitive technical and non-technical challenges
- Deploying web applications with Django
- Tableau Server Reporting and Tableau Data Prep